There are different ways you can pay for your membership.
You can choose what’s right for you.
Paying your subscription by Direct Debit
Paying your subscription by Direct Debit means you will have continuous access to your member benefits without any unintended gaps.
There are two Direct Debit options:
- Annual Direct Debit. A single annual payment is automatically debited from your bank account for the full subscription amount. If you pay by annual Direct Debit your payments will continue to be taken in accordance with the previous Direct Debit instructions issued to you. This is the Direct Debit Guarantee
- Monthly repayments. If your subscription is £50 or over, you can enter into a credit agreement arranged through Premium Credit Limited to pay over 10 months. No immediate payment will be required. Premium Credit may apply a small interest charge, which is called the transaction fee. This can be subject to change annually at renewal time. If you already pay by monthly repayments, Premium Credit will write to you and confirm your monthly amount before any money is taken.
For further information about the lender, Premium Credit, please visit their website.
Features of the credit agreement to be aware of:
- The agreement sets out all Premium Credit's standard charges but the only charge that applies for your membership is called the transaction fee. Premium Credit Ltd will advise you of the amount.
- The transaction fee can be subject to change annually, at renewal time.
- Unless you tell Premium Credit otherwise, they may communicate with you electronically using either your email address or their online portal. Reducing paper is one of their green goals, so we ask that you support their environmentally friendly approach by signing your credit agreement electronically. The credit agreement is subject to English Law.
- If you terminate your credit agreement, MDUSL will repay the outstanding balance to Premium Credit Ltd, but you will need to find other alternative payment options to fund your membership.
How much is the transaction fee?
|Your credit agreement starts/renews
||Transaction fee charged by Premium Credit
||Representative example based on a subscription of £1200 repaid over 10 months
|Before 1 November 2022
||The cost is £1,224.60 and is paid over 10 monthly amounts of £122.46
|On or after 1 November 2022
||The cost is £1,227.00 and is paid over 10 monthly amounts of £122.70
Paying your subscription by credit/debit card
Paying your subscription by credit or debit card means you will be making a single annual payment of the full amount. We will contact you for payment once your membership application is processed. Please make sure you provide your telephone number when applying.
Pay your subscription online now
To pay your subscription online now, please visit theddu.com/subs
Got a question about payments?
For more information about paying your subscription online, please read our frequently asked questions.
Need help with your membership?
If you need help, you can contact our freephone membership helpline on 0800 085 0614 between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday.
This page was correct at publication on 01/09/2022. Any guidance is intended as general guidance for members only. If you are a member and need specific advice relating to your own circumstances, please contact one of our advisers.