- What information do I need to complete my membership application?
Depending on your role, please have details about your work, registration, qualifications and indemnity history to hand.
- Why should I apply online?
The quickest and easiest way to apply for membership is by using an online application form. You can save and return to the form at any time.
- Why might you need to know about my indemnity history?
We usually need this to understand your claims history from your previous indemnity provider(s) before confirming your subscription.
Before accepting you into membership, we may need to request details of your indemnity history (also known as letter of good standing).
- I need help completing my application form. Who can I contact?
We’re always here to help and answer any questions. Contact your local liaison manager or call our membership team on 0800 085 0614.
- I want to switch my indemnity to the DDU. When should I cancel my indemnity with my current provider?
To avoid any gaps in your indemnity, it’s important you don’t cancel your current indemnity until your DDU membership is confirmed.
It is best to apply at least eight weeks before your current indemnity ends. This will allow you plenty of time for your current indemnity provider to give you a letter of good standing.
- What is a letter of good standing?
A letter of good standing is a history of the indemnity you have held for your work.
You may wish to contact your previous indemnity provider(s) directly to request a letter of good standing; this will help with the application process.
- Can I start work immediately after I’ve applied?
No. It’s important you wait to hear back from us about your application first. Please call our membership team on 0800 085 0614 if you require your membership to start sooner.